Vampires Lemonade - Halloween Syringe Shots
If you're looking for an easy but fun drink to serve this Halloween - stop here! This concoction of iced tea and lemonade is as simple as it gets, but the presentation makes it a memorable experience your guests won't forget.
We've been seeing lots of trends recently of people filling shot syringes with things like grenadine and cranberry juice to make a fun Halloween drink where guests can squirt the syringe shot into their drink, making for a gory spin on simple classics such as a Shirley temple or vodka cranberry. One of our favorite things to combine tea with is lemonade - otherwise known as an Arnold Palmer. We've shown you how to make lots of Arnold Palmer variations in the past - but now we're taking it to a spooky level.
Arnold Palmer But Make It Spooky
If you don't know what an Arnold Palmer is, it's essentially half tea and half lemonade. There's no rules when it comes to an Arnold Palmer, so you can use any tea your heart desires. One of our favorite types of tea to combine with lemonade is fruit tisanes, which use dried fruit, flowers and herbs. Many fruit tisanes contain hibiscus, resulting in a bright red color. This bright red color happened to remind us of something just perfect for this recipe - blood! Because it's in the name, we chose to use Blood Orange fruit tisane - but pick whichever fruit tisane sounds tastiest to you or your guests!
Mocktail or Cocktail?
This Halloween themed drink contains no alcohol, making it perfect for parties with people of all ages. However, if you want to turn this into a cocktail, you can use the lemon drop recipe from our Color-Changing Cocktail, or simply add a shot of your favorite clear liquor into your cup(s)!
How to Make a Vampire's Lemonade
(Iced Tea Halloween Drink Syringes)
What You Need
Step 1: Make The Iced Tea Syringes
- Servings: 35-40 1 oz servings
- Yield: 35-40 1 oz drink syringes
- 4 tbsp Blood Orange fruit tisane or any Fruit Tisane
- 20 oz boiling (212 F) water
- 20 oz cold water, or 1-2 cups of ice cubes
- Add 4 tbsp of the fruit tisane to your infuser basket or tea bag and place into your pitcher.
- Pour boiling water (212 F) over your infuser or tea bag until your drink pitcher is ½ way filled.
- Let your tea steep for 12 minutes, then remove the infuser basket or tea bag.
- Top off with cold water or ice cubes.
- Fill your drink syringes and set into the refrigerator until ready to use. It might be easier to pour the iced tea into a shallow cup for this step.
Step 2: Assemble the Drink
- Filled Iced Tea Syringes
- Fill your cup(s) with ice cubes.
- Add lemonade to each cup until ¾ the way full.
- Put 1 filled drink syringe into each cup, DO NOT squeeze the syringe.
- Serve to your guests and let them syringe the iced tea into their drink!