Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
Fall is just around the corner, and nothing screams fall like the taste of pumpkins and spice! This year, Starbucks released a new iced pumpkin cream chai tea latte - which is a delicious balance of spiced iced chai latte topped with a pumpkin spice cold foam to add just the right touch of pumpkin flavor. If you don't feel like leaving the comfort of your home to go to Starbucks, you're in luck! With just a few easy steps and simple ingredients, you can easily create your own pumpkin cream chai latte at home that tastes like it came straight from the barista.
Why you should make it at home
- Starbucks can be great, but it can also be expensive. Save a few bucks by making it yourself!
- When you're not in the mood to leave the house - you can easily make a cafe style drink in the comfort of your own home with just a few simple ingredients.
- Making it yourself means you can customize the drink to your liking, allowing you to choose how sweet the drink is, what flavors you incorporate, which milk you use, and more.
Choose your chai
When you make your own pumpkin cream chai latte at home - you can customize it to your preferences. While a chai concentrate used at Starbucks uses Masala Chai, you can technically use any chai blend. We decided what better way to compliment the pumpkin flavor of this drink than using our seasonal Pumpkin Chai blend! Pumpkin chai is a pure black tea with a select blend of herbs and spices, chai mix, cinnamon and ginger pieces, and of course - Pumpkin pieces!
Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Latte
- Servings: 3-4
- Yield: 3-4 8oz servings
What You Need
Pumpkin Chai Concentrate Recipe
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 8 oz servings
What You Need
- The Conflicted Iced Tea Brewer or a large drink container with loose leaf tea bags
- An electric kettle or way to heat water to boiling
- 24 oz boiling (212 F) filtered water
- 4 tbsp Chai loose-leaf tea
- 4-5 tbsp sugar (or sweetener of choice)
Fill halfway with boiling water (212 F).
Let your tea steep for 4-5 minutes.
Remove infuser/tea bag and stir in 4-5 tbsp of sugar or sweetener (optional) until dissolved.
Let your concentrate cool down to room temperature, then store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Pumpkin Sweet Cream Cold Foam Recipe
- Servings: 2
- Yield: 2 servings
What You Need
- A large cup/mason jar/container
- An electric milk frother, electric whisk, blender, etc.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp cup milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1 tbsp vanilla syrup or simple syrup
Pour heavy cream, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and syrup into a large mason jar or container.
Using an electric whisk, high speed blender, frother, etc. beat the mixture on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until frothy - then another minute until it thickens into a thick but pourable foam. Do not overbeat the foam to peaks.
Fill your glass halfway with ice cubes.
Pour the cold pumpkin chai tea concentrate over the ice, filling the glass ½ way.
Add cold milk into the chai tea concentrate, until the glass is filled ¾ the way. Gently stir to blend the tea and milk.
Gently pour the pumpkin sweet cream cold foam over the top of the tea.
Optional: garnish with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.