Day 8: Iced Apple Ginger Spritzer
This sparkling iced drink is essential for the holiday season, New Years Eve, or any time of the year! This is a great non-alcoholic sparkling beverage for the entire family, with added digestive benefits from ginger and apples.
This recipe couldn't get easier! A snap of apple with the tang of ginger elevates this drink into a super delicious creation. This refreshing and crisp sparkling beverage is perfect for fall and holiday parties.
After we enjoy a holiday meal, we sit back with a warm drink like our Hot Toddy recipe or a glass of Chai Eggnog.
WHAT YOU NEED:
ICED APPLE-GINGER SPRITZER
- Servings: 4-6 servings
- Heat 32oz of water until 212 F
- Add 3 TBSP of Apple Ginger tea to loose leaf paper tea bag, or Conflicted Iced Tea brewer.
- If using a paper tea bag, place into mouth of mason jar.
- Pour 24 oz of hot water into mason jar or fill Conflicted Brewer halfway.
- Let steep for 4 minutes, then remove the infuser.
- Add 1-2 tbsp sugar into brewed tea and stir until dissolved.
- Lightly place lid over mason jar or Conflicted Brewer and let the tea rest to bring the temperature to room temperature. Be careful during this process as the jar is very hot. Make sure to not close the lid.
- Once the jar is at room temperature, close the lid to the jar or brewer and place in the fridge to cool for at least 2-4 hours.
- When the tea has cooled, take the tea out of the fridge.
- Garnish your glasses with sugar (optional)
- Fill glasses halfway with ice.
- Fill glasses halfway with tea concentrate.
- Pour 2oz apple juice in each glass
- Top off your glasses with seltzer water.
- Garnish with frozen berries
We recommend making your tea concentrate the night before for the strongest flavors. When sealed properly, your tea concentrate should last up to a week.
If you'd like to add a boozy twist - add your favorite champagne or sparkling wine in place of the seltzer!