What Teas are Good For Sleep?
Regardless if you are healthy or sick, proper rest is very important for your immune system. It is even more important if you are sick. Developing health sleep habits is vital, and that means PREPARING for a good nights rest ahead of time. We recommend this article from the Sleep foundation.
While their recommendations do not specifically mention tea, it is step number 2 - practice a relaxing bedtime ritual which can incorporate caffeine free herbal teas. A cup of relaxing herbal tea about an hour or so before bed will greatly assist your body with the wind down process.
Protect your brain before sleep
Besides sleep, eating foods rich in polyphenols will help protect the brain, and help prevent cognitive decline. Consuming these foods during the day, it sets the stage for a more productive sleep. Green tea, white tea, purple tea are all examples of teas that contain high levels of polyphenols.
What herbal teas are good for sleep?
- Lemon Grass: Lemongrass is a tropical, grassy plant used in cooking and herbal medicine. It contains a compound called eugenol. Eugenol is thought to prevent blood platelets from clumping together. It also releases serotonin. Serotonin is a hormone that regulates mood, sleep, appetite, and cognitive functions.
- Peppermint: acts as a muscle relaxant, which can aid in a more peaceful night's sleep. The menthol component of peppermint causes your muscles to relax, relieving stress and anxiety, which both add up to allowing you to gain more restful sleep.
- Chamomile: is commonly regarded as a mild tranquilizer or sleep inducer. Its calming effects may be attributed to an antioxidant called apigenin, which is found in abundance in chamomile tea. Apigenin binds to specific receptors in your brain that may decrease anxiety and initiate sleep.
- Valerian root: Results from multiple studies indicate that valerian — a tall, flowering grassland plant — may reduce the amount of time it takes to fall asleep and help you sleep better.
- Hibiscus: One of the better known properties of hibiscus is that is may lower blood pressure. Combined with high levels of vitamin C, it's an excellent herb to add to any sleepy time.
- Hemp: Hemp teas contains terpines which have been shown to alleviate anxiety and regular mood. They are found in other plants like hops, rosemary and pine.
What is the best tea for good sleep?
Naturally caffeine-free and soothing, this infusion of chamomile flowers and valerian root herbs can help promote restful sleep. Combined with aromatic peppermint and lemongrass with a hint of tangy hibiscus, Sleep Tight is the ideal bedtime tea.
Lemongrass, Peppermint, Chamomile, Rosehip, Spearmint, Valerian Root, Hibiscus, Cornflower Petals, Natural Flavors
We recommend teas with a combination of herbs that will help relax you. For example, any of the herbs mentioned above can be consumed on their own, but it's even better when herbs work as a team. That is why we developed Sleep Tight tea - to include all these beneficial ingredients in one blend.
Suggested use of sleep tea
We developed Sleep Tight tea not only to be an effective sleep aid, but also with a taste you will be sure to enjoy. Because it contains no caffeine, we recommend about 8-12 ounces about an hour before bed. Use it as part of your bedtime ritual, read a book or enjoy something relaxing. Let the herbs do their work. If you have any underlying health conditions or take medication - please make sure you check all the ingredients to make sure they do not interact with your medication. The doses of mild, so most individuals will have no issues - but if you are unsure, please verify with a medical professional.
"For many years I could not stay asleep. I tried many things until I decided to purchase a sample of this great tea. I now sleep throughout the night and feel refreshed and alert when I wake up in the morning."-Elaine
Other Herbal Teas For Sleep
Soothe and calm your senses with chamomile and peppermint. This natural tea blend is popular for relaxation. Perfect for sleep wellness and relaxing at the end of the night.
Chamomile blossoms harmonize with rose petals and lavender for a soothing herbal tea. Bilberries, the European cousin of blueberries are packed with healthy antioxidants, and rosehips provide vitamin C. A pinch of pink peppercorn adds a pop of color and spice. Our Chamomile Bilberry Bliss tea has a delicate, fruity flavor like a flowering garden in springtime.
Wild Bilberry, Chamomile, Lavender, Rose Petals, Rosehips, Pink Peppercorn
Feel energized with this vibrant herbal blend of raspberry, lemon and lemon verbena! This refreshing herbal tea packs a flavorful punch with antioxidants and citrus.
Apple pieces, lemon verbena, lemongrass, hibiscus, lemon pieces, raspberry pieces, cornflower petals, natural flavor (organic compliant)
Slip into a sense of calm with lavender and peppermint. This natural tea blend is perfect for sleep wellness and relaxing at the end of the night - both light and refreshing for mind, body and soul relaxation.
Hemp teas that are good for sleep
A gentle, naturally caffeine herbal blend to relax the nerves and spirit you away to better places. Herbal favorites like peppermint, spearmint, chamomile and hibiscus make a perfect pairing with our indoor grown hemp.
Hemp leaves, peppermint, spearmint, honeybush, chamomile, hibiscus, calendula, rose, osmanthus petals
Fairy Dust by Magic leaf hemp tea incorporates a variety of popular garden herbs along with prominent notes of blueberries and ginger. These caffeine-free ingredients pair beautifully for a delicious herbal brew.
Hemp leaves, apple pieces, ginger pieces, blackberry leaves, blueberries, heather blossoms, lemongrass, lemon balm, lemon verbena, cornflower, sugar crystals, natural flavor
Sooth the soul with this herbal, caffeine free hemp tea blend of chamomile, mint, hibiscus and valerian root. Soul Tonic is a perfect way to end the day in peace and harmony.
Hemp leaves, lemongrass, peppermint, chamomile, rosehip, spearmint, valerian root, hibiscus, cornflower petals, organic compliant natural flavors