Day 2: Hot Toddy Tea
Tis the season for the cold and flu. This easy Hot Toddy recipe is great whether you feel yourself getting sick or you just need a warm evening pick me up! With warm cinnamon, tea, honey, lemons, and whiskey - this drink is a game changer.
A typical Hot Toddy is typically made with hot water - however we take it up a notch by using hot Lemon Souffle tea. This caffeine-free Lemon Souffle tea adds the perfect bright citrus flavor without keeping you up.
While any hot liquid is soothing for a sore throat - the addition of honey and lemon help soothe your cough and congestion and whiskey is a great decongestant. From helping to relieve cold symptoms to warming you up on a cold night - tis the time of year for a Hot Toddy!
WHAT YOU NEED:
(Makes 1 serving)
- In a small sized sauce pan, add 1 cup of water.
- Boil the water in a small sized pot on the stove.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add 1 tbsp Lemon Souffle tea in a large infuser basket or disposable, fillable tea bag.
- Submerge infuser or tea bag and steep for 7 minutes.
- Add your cinnamon stick in the tea.
- Remove the infuser or tea bag.
- Add in the honey and stir until completely dissolved.
- In a large mug, squeeze in the juice of half of a lemon.
- Add in 2oz of Whiskey.
- Pour in your tea with the cinnamon stick for garnish.
- Enjoy while warm!
This drink can easily be made alcohol-free! Just skip the whiskey step and enjoy all the delicious flavors and benefits of this drink without the alcohol.
If you're looking for a caffeine boost and a little extra holiday cheer, use our Holiday Spice tea instead!
The earlier you add the cinnamon stick, the bolder the cinnamon flavor. If you enjoy a bold cinnamon flavor, add the cinnamon stick when you first begin boiling your water. We don't recommend the use of ground cinnamon as it will add a gritty texture to the drink.
Video Recipe Guide
Watch our latest IG Reel for a video guide to assist you! If you make it yourself, share your thoughts with us!