Day 1: Vanilla Plum Cake Matcha Latte
Simple yet delicious, this caffeinated Vanilla Plum Cake Matcha Latte is perfect for a cold winter morning or afternoon pick me up. This creamy delight only requires a few simple ingredients and is great for when you're in the mood for a warm and cozy beverage with a caffeine kick.
Matcha, a form of green tea, has lots of great benefits. Typically, matcha is whisked with hot water using a matcha whisk or something similar. Rather than using hot water, we decided to use some fresh steeped Plum Cake tea - and we found a matcha (get it?) made in heaven! Combinations of vanilla matcha and warm holiday plum cake create a festive and flavorful matcha latte, perfect for bringing holiday cheer!
What You'll Need
Vanilla Plum Cake Matcha Latte
(Makes 1-2 servings)
- Heat 8oz of water until 180 F
- Add 2 tbsp Plum Cake tea in a large infuser basket or disposable, fillable tea bag.
- Submerge infuser or tea bag and steep for 3 minutes.
- Remove infuser or tea bag.
- Sift the vanilla matcha into a small bowl.
- Add 4oz of hot tea to the matcha powder and whisk until completely dissolved without any lumps.
- Add your choice of sweetener to the matcha mixture.
- Continue to whisk until your sweetener dissolves and bubbles form on top.
- Pour matcha into a glass.
- Heat up your milk or dairy alternative until steaming, do not boil.
- Froth together until desired foaminess.
- Add frothed milk to your cup of matcha.
- Top off your glass with whipped cream for a more indulgent experience.
- Sprinkle some matcha powder on top & enjoy!
Video Recipe Guide
Watch our latest IG Reel for a video guide to assist you! If you make it yourself, share your thoughts with us!