There is an old saying that goes:
You know your diet is in trouble when you count your blessings and chocolate is always the first one.
Well, thanks to this wonderful herbal tea that no longer has to be the case. Why? The answer is simple. Rooibos, the base of the blend, is fat free! Grown in the Cedarberg district of South Africa, the Rooibos plant (Latin: Aspalathus linearis) - in English literally “Red Bush” - produces a tea that is incredibly high in vitamins and minerals (see our chart below). Proponents of the tea claim that it can ease headaches and soothe bodily tension. Best of all, it contains no caffeine.
But what about the chocolate? The Belgian chocolate to be precise? Good questions. As the name would suggest, we’ve blended this wonderfully smooth Rooibos with the all-natural flavoring of Belgian chocolate, a product as synonymous with Belgium as waffles. The tiny country produces 172,000 tons of chocolate per year and has 2130 chocolate shops within her borders – they know chocolate. In fact, the country is so well known for its chocolate that it gets first dibs on all cocoa exports from the entire continent of Africa. We figured that if you’re going to blend anything, much less chocolate, to a top quality Rooibos, it better be the best.
Ingredients: Luxury rooibos, Calendula Petals, Cacao bean pieces, Natural Flavors.
|Tin Weight (ounces)||N/A|
|Ingredients||Luxury rooibos, Calendula Petals, Cacao bean pieces, Natural Flavors|
|Steep Temperature||212° F|
|Steep Time||7-10 Minutes|
|Caffeine Level||Caffeine Free|
|Amount Tea||1 Tsp. Per 6 oz.|
Customer Reviews (6)
- Minty and chocolatyReview by Steve
- smootheReview by Stacey
- This tea is very smoothe. A little milk really makes this tea delightful. Shared with friends it is very fun (Posted on 3/31/2015)
- One of my favorites!Review by Kari
- Love it just plain, but sometimes add a teaspoon of ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa to kick it up a notch. (Posted on 1/8/2015)
- love..love..love it !!Review by geri
- am usually not a big mint person. bought it for my husband who loves minty hot chocolate. this has become one of my favorites !! the mint is both subtle and soothing. the chocolate flavor is just enough. i add a little sweetener and dairy. love it both in the afternoons and at night !! always hits the spot !! (Posted on 11/27/2013)
- A family favoriteReview by Patricia
- Read the description of the tea. If chocholate alone is your choice this probably isn't going to be a favorite. But if you like mint chocholate you will like / love this tea. Served with a little sugar to bring out the flavor and milk this tea is practically a dessert. The whole family, husband, kids, and grandkids usually pick this tea when offered several options! (Posted on 10/31/2013)
- Not my favoriteReview by Gabrielle
- I love chocolate, so I thought this tea would be for me. I found the flavor to be odd and I didn't like it at all. I passed the flavor on to my mom; she didn't like it either. (Posted on 9/30/2013)