LEMON GINGER COOLER - SLIMMING TEA BLEND
WIth all the different recommendations and products out there it's hard to find one great tasting tea you can drink throughout the day that combines multiple benefits into one great tasting blend. Our Dr. Oz Inspired Lemon Ginger Cooler tea offers you the weight loss and digestive aids in one easy to drink blend, and much more cost effective than Teavana's Weight to Go! blend. This tea is also best paired with Chamomile Bilberry Bliss, to help curb evening cravings.
WHITE TEA - BLOCKS FAT
The first component of this blend is white tea. White tea tea is very high in anti-oxidants. Dr. Oz likes it for it's fat blockage ability, and the catechins included help burn calories.
PU-ERH TEA - SHRINKS FAT
Next we added #1 grade Pu-erh Tea. Dr. Oz likes this tea for it's fat shrinking ability. Unlike all other teas, Pu-Erh is fermented, meaning it undergoes a microbial transformation that gives it unique properties. The caffeine in pu-erh (don't worry - it's not nearly as much as coffee) helps speed metabolism, making the body more efficient at digesting a meal.
LEMON PEEL - AIDS DIGESTION
Next we add loads of lemon peel. It’s amazing how a simple fruit like a lemon can be so effective in helping the body regulate its metabolism and sugar absorption, in a manner that helps you lose extra weight. The secret lies in the “acidity” content in a lemon. Lemons are rich in citric acid and introduce a healthy natural digestive aid into your stomach. The citric acid from lemons end up interacting with the other acids and enzymes in your digestive tract which results in a healthy and problem free digestion.
GINGER ROOT - MORE FAT FIGHTING POWER
Finally we throw in heaps of Ginger root. Ginger also helps burn fat and decreases the number of fat cells produced in the body. Those same properties have both anti-inflammatory and anti-obsesity effects.
Why not in bags? Because bagged tea is so finely chopped, it loses many of the essential oils and health benefits. Preparing loose tea is very easy, either through baskets which drop in your mug, or tea bags you can scoop the tea into. Remember, with loose tea you can use as little or as much tea as needed, and it is more cost effective per ounce than bags.
Remember tea is not a silver bullet. It should be used as a comprehensive diet/excersize plan. Subsituting tea in place of soft drinks has enormous benefits. Tea can be used as a water substitute - unlike coffee, tea hydrates you. If you find the need to sweeten tea, we recommend gradually reducing the sugar over time and eventually your palete will change.
To see the original Women's World article click below:
Ingredients: Bai Mu Dan white tea,Organic Pu-erh, lemon peels, lemon grass, lemon myrtle, ginger root with ginger and lemon flavor.
|Tin Weight (ounces)||N/A|
|Ingredients||Bai Mu Dan white tea,Organic Pu-erh, lemon peels, lemon grass, lemon myrtle, ginger root with ginger and lemon flavor|
|Steep Temperature||195° F|
|Steep Time||3-5 Minutes|
|Caffeine Level||Medium Caffeine|
|Amount Tea||1 Tsp. Per 6 oz.|
|Tea Attributes||Anti-Aging, Arthritis/Inflammation, Digestion, High Cholesterol, Weight Loss|
Customer Reviews (9)
- Best adaption of Dr. Oz recipeReview by Kev
- Upset stomach Review by Tom
- Instead of Tums or Peptol-Bis put lemon ginger with peppermint tea works great (Posted on 4/4/2016)
- Love this teaReview by Tanya
- Love how smooth this tea is. Was going back and forth on getting the sample size or the larger size...so glad I went with the larger one, I can drink this all day (Posted on 3/22/2016)
- Fantastic TeaReview by matthew
- Absolutely wonderful tea. Incredibly smooth. Highly recommended for the daily tea drinker. (Posted on 12/22/2015)
- caffeine contentReview by Erich
I'm confused, I don't understand why it would have "medium's caffeine" if white tea and pu-erh constitute the first two ingredients?
(Posted on 11/7/2014)
- Ginger & Lemon!Review by Dan
- Love the ginger flavor with the lemon. I have made it both hot and cold and like it both ways. I find that a little bit of hibiscus mixed in helps to sweeten it enough to not need sugar. (Posted on 4/17/2014)
- GREATReview by Estelle
Loved the Lemon Ginger Tea (GREAT), squash soup (GREAT), and orange crepe (GREAT). Fantastic meal. Thank you. First time there. Will be back.
(Posted on 1/5/2014)
- add raw sugarReview by Helen
- I love this tea on the darker taste with the alittle raw sugar . Yummy (Posted on 12/15/2013)
- Delightful Iced TeaReview by Maureen
- Received this in the sample size and was sorry I didn't have more. This is a refreshing iced tea with a bright ginger taste that is nicely balanced with lemon. Ordering more today. (Posted on 5/14/2013)